[mythtv] cardid's and remote backends

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com
Fri Mar 14 15:57:51 EST 2003

> Assuming Isaac is right (which is pretty much always the
> case =), maybe the 'right' solution is to declare the master
> to be the machine with the card you want chosen first.
> Provided it can connect to the same database, there is
> very little extra overhead for a backend to be the master.

Agreed on all points, but the reason I have the machine I do as the master is
disk space reasons.  I know I could mount the disk to the other backend, but
this seems like extra overhead.  For now I will listen to Issac and just stop
fucking with the database, probably not for long though, it's like an urge
that just won't go away.

> Sorry for giving conflicting answers ;-).
Dont be, nice to know I am not the only one breaking stuff these guys have
worked so hard on :)

Matt