[mythtv] cardid's and remote backends

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 14 16:09:11 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2003 04:56 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>Isaac Richards wrote:
>>>The master backend must have the first cardid in the database.
>>
>>Really? I sent my previous message before I saw your replay.
>>I've been able to do this with no problems. I guess ignorance
>>is bliss =). But now I'm curious. What requires the master
>>to have the first cardid?
>

> I believe there's some code in the scheduler that assumes that first thing in
> the db is a local encoder.

This may be true but I thought it still worked. After your
last scheduling fixes, I did some 'bad' testing and one thing
I tried was putting the first card on a slave and shutdown
that slave. With the check for WouldConflict() I thought it
skipped the card that failed isConnected() and did the Right
Thing. But I tried a lot of things and may be mistaken. I'll
test it again. No biggie.

--  bjm