[mythtv] database schema

Mike Javorski mikej at carmelfly.com
Sat Mar 15 01:54:05 EST 2003

Hmm.. well it depends on what the intention of the field is...

>From the MySQL site:

-- SNIP --
The TIMESTAMP column type provides a type that you can use to
automatically mark INSERT or UPDATE operations with the current date and
time. If you have multiple TIMESTAMP columns, only the first one is
updated automatically.
-- SNIP --

If this is what you are going for, then a timestamp is good, if you DO
NOT want the field to auto-update when the fields is updated or
inserted, then you MUST use a DATETIME...

To which portion of the SQL Schema are you refering?

- Mike