[mythtv] Proposed Feature: Channel Description Scrolling

Doug Haber doughaber at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 15:49:38 EST 2003

Hey all,

I'd like to propose a new feature and I'd be willing to patch it if you think
it's cool.

Feature:
My favorite feature on my current cable box is that I can view a channel and
scroll up and down through the channel descriptions (via an OSD) of what is on
other channels (now and in the future).  Then when I find what else I want to
watch I can press enter and go to that channel.

Patch:
Alter the GET_PROGRAM_INFO call to take two optional parameters "channel" and
"time", that will return info for a specified channel and time or the current
channel and time if neither is specified.  It would also require some new keys
- I'm proposing "y" (channel up), "b" (channel down), "g" (previous time
period), "h" (next time period).  For now I'm gonna assume that the time period
increments are 1/2 hours.

What do you think,