[mythtv] Proposed Feature: Channel Description Scrolling

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 16 19:46:19 EST 2003

> I'd like to propose a new feature and I'd be willing to patch it if you think
> it's cool.
>
> Feature:

<snip>

> Patch:
> Alter the GET_PROGRAM_INFO call to take two optional parameters "channel" and
> "time", that will return info for a specified channel and time or the current
> channel and time if neither is specified.  It would also require some new keys
> - I'm proposing "y" (channel up), "b" (channel down), "g" (previous time
> period), "h" (next time period).  For now I'm gonna assume that the time period
> increments are 1/2 hours.

I think this already exists in the form of ProgramInfo::GetProgramAtDateTime().
It takes a channel and time and returns a programinfo pointer.

My Dishnetwork receiver has a feature like you describe and I think DirectTV
has one as well.  I use it occasionally even though my EPG has a video
window like MythTV has.  Dishnetwork calls it "Browse" I think on the remote.

Chris