[mythtv] First 0.8 bug report

Jackie Meese jackie.m at prek.dhs.org
Sun Mar 16 22:12:04 EST 2003

Not quite a first post on slashdot.  A bit harder to do, and more
useful.  ;)

I don't have the fix, since I haven't coded in a long time, but when you
have the buffer directory set to an invalid symlink, mythfrontend hangs
w/o an error message when it's run.  You must kill the front end.  (I
was moving a drive in the middle of installing the new version (not
upgrading, I wiped everything with "myth" in the name on the entire hard
drive, hopefully that's a good uninstall).   The fix should be a simple
error check for the file being successfully created.

Looks great when I remember to do that.  Now I need to plug at the audio
problems I was haveing 2 days ago on the old release.

jackie

ex:

[root at luthien mnt]# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
adding: luthien as a player 1
adding: luthien as a player 0
ERROR opening file '/mnt/video//ringbuf1.nuv' in ThreadedFileWriter.
adding: luthien as a player 0
adding: luthien as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[1]+  Segmentation fault      mythbackend
Terminated
[root at luthien mnt]# ls -alF video
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            5 Mar 16 22:08 video -> /temp