[mythtv] Re: Adding DVB-T support to MythTV

Tue Mar 18 17:05:39 EST 2003

> 2) The budget cards don't tend to do any demultiplexing (the Hauppauge
> doesn't) so you will have to integrate a MPEG-TS demultiplexor at the
> recording stage. This needs to be able to determine which of the element
> streams contain the video and audio streams for the channel you want to
> watch. This will need database modifications in myth.

I would have assumed that the cards have the concept of a "tuner" and so you get just a single meg stream out of them.  demux should be a fairly straightforward case of running a demux filter on the mpeg stream?

I wonder if there are complications with multiple audio streams though?  Does this happen?  Stereo + Mono + directors comments, etc..?

> 4) You will either have to write code to put the MPEG element streams into
> the NUV files or add support for native MPEG files in MythTV. Possible
> issues with Timesyncing and seeking.

Is this hard...?  I will have to have a look at the NUV website to find out more.  If NUV files can't package an MPEG stream then I think this presents a significant barrier...

> 5) You will have to add MPEG-2 video decoding and possibly MPEG-2 Audio or
> AC3 decoding to the playback side of Myth. This is all supported in
> libavcodec (i think) so shouldn't be too hard.

It might be very useful as well.  I am guessing that lots of good ideas are in mythvideo for how to handle this?