[mythtv] PATCH: More deinterlacing support.

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Mar 24 21:45:21 EST 2003

> In the windows world "DScaler"
> (http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net) is widely > acknowleged to
> be one of the best quality viewers (visual quality that is,
> program itself is horrible).
>
> You might take a look there for inspiration.  They have a
> couple of clever algorithms to detect which sort of
> de-interlace works best for different situations (video, live
> tv, etc).  Also, the denoise filters would be a fantastic
> "nice-to-have", and would probably really boost compression
> ratios as well

I think i remeber that there was some discussion on the dscaler mailing list
some time ago about portin to linux.
I searched the mailing list and found this link:
http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/ it looks like someone already has ported some
of dscalers plugins to linux so maybe thers some code in there that can be
reused.

(i know that parts of the code in dscaler is not the best, and the gui coud
use some rework)