[mythtv] Watch Live TV / no encoders

Chris Derossi chrismyth at derossi.com
Mon Mar 24 21:14:02 EST 2003

I'd really like to see this, and I was planning on doing something very
similar for the manual recording that I submitted earlier today. One benefit
would be that you could finish recording without deleting what you've
already recorded. So, for example, once the guest you wanted to see was on
Letterman, you could stop and not have to record the rest of the program.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the added message. For the stuff I did, I
generally chose a direction that made tv_play.cpp more of a generalized
utility, which often required adding methods throughout the entire chain
from encoder to TV so that higher-level code could interact with both sides
of the encoding/decoding system.

_chris