[mythtv] New and improved mythmusic playlists patch (LARGE)

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Tue Mar 25 00:11:03 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 20:33, Isaac Richards wrote:

> But you did figure it out, right? =)
Eventually... I wager it becomes a FAQ though.

> > I did mention I wish the playlist was organised the same as the all
> > music section ;-)
>
> I don't think that will work, honestly -- what if you don't want things
> grouped like that?  Higher-level structures are really best left to playlists
> containing other playlists, that's why the system was designed to make that
> possible.  You can always remove things (entire artists, albums) from the
> current playqueue by deselecting the appropriate checkboxes in the music tree
> above, too.

Ok, I can see the advantage of having playlists within playlists and
organizing your music in ways other than Artist/Album/Track.  But why
isn't there a way to add items (or playlists) to an existing playlist or
am I missing something?

I can see that i can create a new playlist and have it include new
tracks and existing playlists but I can't see how to append to an
existing playlist.  Am I missing something?

> It's in there, just use the number keys in the edit box when you name your new
> playlist.

What am I doing wrong to generate "oops" entries in the playlists?

Brent Hills.