[mythtv] Dual (simultaneous) use of MythTV box

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 17:44:42 EST 2003

Assuming you're using irxevent to process the LIRC commands, I would think
all that would be necessary to setup a single X server with 2 displays,
either host:0.0 & host:0.1, or host:0 & host:1 (depending on whether you're
using Xinerama or something like NVidia's TwinView).  As long as irxevent is
started with the appropriate DISPLAY environment variable, I would think it
would only direct keypress events to that display.  Then it's simply a
matter of making sure that your VGA display is the "primary" one for desktop
mouse/keyboard focus.

Or am I way off base?  It seems that running two X servers is overly
complicated.

-Joe C.