[mythtv] mythmusic and coverart

Lance King lanceaking at attbi.com
Thu Mar 27 00:14:17 EST 2003

This is along the lines I was thinking of.  I currently (to use the
mentioned tools) have jpgs named
cover.jpg (name really doesn't matter) in the album directory.   For
starters mythmusic
wouldn't have to go out and find the cover art.  It could use a
predefined name in the directory in case
there is a legality issue with coverart.  I could scan in my own album
covers and store as a jpg.
A good place for cover art, believe it or not, it walmart.com, as well
as amazon.  Walmart.com has
500x500 images.  I found a Visual Basic program that someone wrote that
searches walmart.com
and I believe amazon based on a name you enter.  It then displays you
all the cover art that matches
that name.  You can then select the one you know is it and save to a
directory.  I was in the process
of createing a Perl/TCL/TK equivalent for this when I got side tracked
with mythmusic.  I really
don't want to use Winblows for my HTPC.... :-(