[mythtv] Front ends for other machines

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 15:22:21 EST 2003

Sounds like you need more RAM... 64MB is pretty skimpy these days.  I hope
you just forgot to type the '0' on the end of that...

> PS I think there needs to be a MUCH cleaner separation between the
> frontend & backends - maybe like 2 totally separte packages with a
> 'common' package.  When just trying to make a front end there's way
> too many dependencies on stuff just for backends...

I agree... it would be great if you could build just a frontend for a system
that didn't have V4L, like BSD, Cygwin or Darwin... ha! a Myth frontend
running native (via Cygwin) on a Wintel box... or a Mac running OSX...  now
that's cool.

I would think it would just be a matter of splitting libmythtv.

-Joe C.