[mythtv] Watch Live TV / no encoders

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Sat Mar 29 11:28:17 EST 2003

>#if Thor Johnson /* Mar 24, 21:39 */
>> I would like to change the screen "Watch Live TV: Out of inputs"
>> to have a list of in-progress recordings that you could switch
>> to or cancel.  I'm wondering which is the best way:
>>
>> Option 1: When the RequestRecorder fails, ping the database
>>           for candidates and handle accordingly.
>>
>>      Pro: No new comm messages
>>     Cons: Can't list the status of each recorder
>How so?  It seems useful to have backends update a table of status
>information in the database.  Any reason not to implement this?

Actually, I'm working on a set for backend and frontend
option #2.  I hadn't thought about making each backend
update a status table 'till you mentioned it.

Probably a week or less before I post something.

>>           Relies on db consistency
The main reason I didn't like this one is that if mythbackend crashes
on my system (usually because I updated the myth.so, so user=id10t),
there would be several shows that are "currently recording" right now.
Of course the tuner is only working on 1, but the database doesn't know
that.

-Thor Johnson