[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Rick King rak at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu May 1 07:00:19 EDT 2003

I haven't got time to check but it seems I've misunderstood the state of
what you are doing (not surprising given my spare time ;). I was under the
impression that you were currently implementing basic DVB support with all
tuning parameters stored in one field. I thought that it would be possible
to merge in that state (more detailled tuning information is only needed if
you want to do stuff like audio channel selection, multiple channel streams
from one card etc) and then the more advanced DVB support, including the
channel db changes would be merged in later.

I wasn't asking you to hold back any attempt at merging what youve already
got and if you need to deal with tuning details no problem.

Rick