[mythtv] PATCH: Star Ratings for Movies in EPG

Tarek Lubani tarek at tarek.2y.net
Mon May 5 01:56:33 EDT 2003

Hey guys!

What does it do?
This patch will make it such that the star rating of a movie will show
up in the EPG in the form of "stars". Example:

The Untouchables (****) (Crime)

Background:
This initially started out as a proof of concept to see if I could get
star ratings put at the end of movie titles (where the ratings are
available). I initially planned for this to be a first step before going
onto graphic representations of the stars.. In any case, I have found
the text representation of the stars to be both very helpful and
aesthetically sufficient and non-intrusive.. So, I don't plan on taking
this any further...

Issues:

It's shitty coding : )

tarek : )