[mythtv] Getting rid of DSS tuner's OSD (Attn: Jason Richmond)

Ron Aldrich raldrich at mac.com
Tue May 6 01:30:57 EDT 2003

Whenever I change channels, my RCA DSS tuner puts up its own OSD, which
is then overwritten by mythTV's OSD (bleah) - does anyone know of any
way to get rid of it?

Playing around with the DSS tuner's remote, I found that if I press the
'clear' button immediately after I change channels, the tuner's OSD
goes away within 1 second (usually while the screen is still black),
instead of hanging around for 5 seconds.

I'd try modifying the RCA.pl script to issue a clear command after a
channel change, but the documentation for the command codes seems to
have disappeared from isd.net.

Does anyone know what the 'clear' command code for the RCA DSS is?

TIA,

Ron Aldrich