[mythtv] Getting rid of DSS tuner's OSD (Attn: Jason Richmond)

Ron Aldrich raldrich at mac.com
Wed May 7 01:29:42 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 10:46 AM, Tarek Lubani wrote:

> Most of the tuners will accept the "hide" command (as opposed to the
> "show" command. You can explore this with the file found at:
>
> http://www.hitchhiker.org/dss
>
> The "hide" command only needs to be issued once for every time the
> receiver is reset, so you can issue it manually and forget about it for
> the most part.. At least with my receiver (a Uniden)..
>
> Let us know how it works out..

Unfortunately, it seems that RCA tied the 'hide text' command to the
'display text' command, and instead of hiding the OSD, it hides the
text box which is blasted over the bottom of the screen by the 'display
text' command.

Oh well...

I did find a menu option in the DSS which allows you to increase the
transparency of the OSD, but that's the best I could do.

Ron