[mythtv] [Feature Request] Archiving Shows

Michael Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Wed May 7 14:49:33 EDT 2003

Keir Christian Lauritzen wrote:
 > I noticed the trancoding patches floating around, used to remove
 > comercials (as far as I could tell).  I wanted to make a feature request
 > to add a feature to use this functionality to reencode the shows down to
 > ~200MB (about 3 per vcd) for archival.

Replying from work, so unable to sign with GPG.

Might I suggest mythmkmovie? (http://www.icelus.org/) It lets you
specify info you want, honors cutlists, and the like. In short, while it
doesn't do the initial transcoding, it does do exactly what you're
asking for (though, admittedly, not as nicely as a plugin would).

Still under development, but people seem happy with the results so far.