[mythtv] external control of mythmusic

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri May 9 10:36:47 EDT 2003

By "remote control" I assume you via another program, since you mentioned a
FIFO, rather than actual infra-red remote control, which is currently
possible using LIRC?

If you took a look at the source code to irxevent (part of the LIRC
distribution), you could probably adapt it to send keystrokes to Myth using
a pipe instead of the /dev/lirc device.

My advice would be to:
	(a) wait for (or better yet help with) the proposed new
user-action/configurable keybinding architecture (currently in the "we're
giving it serious thought" stage)
	(b) adapt irxevent
	(c) develop a patch yourself, being mindful that the new configurable
keybinding/user action architecture may break it

-Joe C.