[mythtv] Mythbackend stuffs up if no video signal is present

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Fri May 9 13:18:47 EDT 2003

Ron Aldrich wrote:

> Over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to track down an
> intermittent lockup where Mythbackend stuffs up in
> RequestRingBufferBlock, causing Mythfrontend to lock up waiting for
> video.

i am trying to figure this out too.  my wife is going to make me remove
the pvr if i can't get it soon!

> It turns out that after my RCA DSS receiver sits long enough, it takes
> it upon itself to turn off the video - then, then next time I select
> 'Watch TV', in Mythfrontend, it locks up (before opening the video
> window) because there is no video (I'm currently testing a temporary
> fix for this where I issue an 'on' code in RCA.pl before each channel
> change).

well, i am using regular cable directly into a pvr-250 card, and i see
exactly the same thing.  sometimes the frontend gets locked into a
'rebuffering' loop for 2-3 minutes, sometimes the backend gets 'stuffed
up'.  so, although this may be a problem, its not the only case where
this can happen.

> I should mention that I'm using a PVR-350 card for my video input -
> the ivtv drivers don't generate an output stream unless there is a
> video signal.

i'm no a pvr-250.

    CraigL->Thx();