[mythtv] crash in mythbackend

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Mon May 12 00:50:49 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Sunday 11 May 2003 11:27 pm, Craig Longman wrote:
>

>>attached is a gdb dump of a crash in mythbackend.  i'm not exactly sure
>>what was going on when it  happened, i came in to watch something i
>>recorded, and when i clicked on 'view recorded programs', mythfrontend
>>hung.  looking at the two terminals, i saw the mythbackend in gdb.
>>

>I need the bit from before you did the backtrace, as well.

beyond what i typed up there, it had all happened behind mythfrontend, i
only noticed it when i tried to view somethign else.

mythbackend had printed out the following (but i don't know how long
before the crash):

[New Thread 278546 (LWP 4544)]
Changing from None to RecordingOnly
[New Thread 294931 (LWP 4545)]
Changing from RecordingOnly to None
[New Thread 311316 (LWP 4550)]
[New Thread 327701 (LWP 4551)]
[New Thread 344086 (LWP 4552)]
Changing from None to RecordingOnly
[New Thread 360471 (LWP 4553)]
Changing from RecordingOnly to None
[New Thread 376856 (LWP 4580)]
[New Thread 393241 (LWP 4581)]

[Switching to Thread 311316 (LWP 4550)]
0x40981efa in mallopt () from /lib/libc.so.6

mythtv had been scheduled to record something at 1630-1700, then two
programs from 2000-2030 and 2030-2100.  they all seemed to record
properely, but seeking around in them was slow, like there was no
recordedmarkup entry.

i'm afraid that's all i can deduce from the info i had.  couple
questions about gdb that might have helped:

1) is there a way to get a timestamp from it, here i could have figured
out when it happened?
2) is there a way to get the 'thread apply all bt full' output to go
directy to a file?

hopefully this is still some help...

    CraigL->Thx();