[mythtv] crash in mythbackend

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon May 12 12:14:15 EDT 2003

Any reason it can't just run in a separate process? From my cursory
reading it doesn't *want* to share any data with the main mythbackend
process. So, it would seem simpler to spawn a new mythbackend process
with a command line of "--flag-commercials <chan> <datetime>" and not
have to worry about sharing any state inappropriately. Just say no to
threads (when they aren't necessary).

James