[mythtv] DVB-s first steps

ramon.roca at xcombo.com ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Fri May 16 15:24:23 EDT 2003

Just attemping, now.
My card is a Nexus DVB-s (i.e. w/MPEG-2 decoder). I've also a diseqc w/4 ports.
Everything linked ok. I've setup one fta channel which is at my 1st diseqc (astra).
Latest DVB drivers, tested witrh vdr 1.1.30, pretuned to a channel at diseqc 1 also (to discard diseqc problems when changing the channel, you know, first to check that is able to tune...diseqc later on).

My very first goal: Se how i can switch from a channel at my analog card to another at the DVB-s while seeing TV.

What I've got:
-While playing tv, if i do press up/down to change channel, never goes to the DVB-s card channel. I don't know if attempts.
-If I do pres "v" for PiP, i remain at analog tv. It plays ok, but only analog, to leave I've to kill app, the app no longer reacts to ant key. I know here that the /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 was attempted to be opened (i've got a permission error before i corrected it with chmod a+rw...).

So, I'm still not sure that DVB is tuning to the dvb channels.
Probably as soon as I've time for it, next will be to debug to see what going on, but posting this in case that someone can give a better clue.

Ramon.