[mythtv] creating a patch

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon May 19 11:50:04 EDT 2003

I know Robert already replied to this, but just wanted to give a little
more information.

If you create a file called .cvsrc in your home directory, with the
following few lines then it makes life much easier.

cvs -z 3
update -Pd
diff -u

With a .cvsrc containing those lines, cvs will use the above options
automatically without you having to specify them on the command line.

So when I do a cvs update, I just type "cvs update" and it automatically
uses compression.  When I want to create a diff file, I just say "cvs diff"
and it generates the desired proper diff format.   The "-z 3" is also
used any time it's applicable so I save Isaac's bandwith. :)

> k,  i'm getting ready to send a patch that adjusts the samplerate for
> transcoding properely (well, almost, more on that in a minute).
>
> but i'm uncertain how to create the patch file.  i've tried:
>     cvs -z3 diff -uc
>
> but that produces a file with some @@ lines in it, which i don't think
> is right.  how does one do this?

Chris