[mythtv] [patch] for reencoding with resampling

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Mon May 19 12:41:43 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Monday 19 May 2003 01:04 am, Craig Longman wrote:
>

>>attached is a patch for review that allows the ReencodeFile() method to
>>specify separate in & out sample rates to NuppelVideoRecorder.  its
>>reasonably simple.  and seems to resample the audio as requested.
>>

>This breaks things for everyone who's not using 32kHz to record at.  It would
>be much better to do the resampling in the transcoding thread.

why is that?  it defaults to 32KHz, but i also added a call to be able
to set it.  perhaps i missed setting it in some places, but if you call
NuppelVideoRecorder::SetOption() with "insamplerate", it gets changed.
 perhaps using 32000 as the default audio_in_samplerate was a bad idea,
if we changed that to 44100, then there would be no change at all from
how it used to work, the code had simply used the audio_samplerate to
set both the in and the out sample rate in the lame library.  the only
time anything would be different is if someone called the SetOption()
method.  right?

i'm still trying to figure out why the audio gets out of sync if its
encoded to mp3.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();