[mythtv] Still problem using dvb

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Mon May 19 14:08:05 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 19 May 2003 10:44 am, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>
>>Isaac Richards wrote:
>>
>>>You can't change cards in live tv.
>>
>>And how would I get to a channel that's available only via a certain
>>card? Or is that impossible atm?
>
> Right, you can't, really.

So, then, in places like my home, where the cable company forces a
set-top tuning box upon us, attempting anything with two tuners in one
box - one that is through the handicapped set-top box and one bypassing
it to get Basic Cable - is bound to give me much pain, right?

Yes, I bother my cable company whenever I can, and ask them how my
(fictional) 'picture-in-picture' TV is supposed to work with their
garbage equipment, and no, they have no decent response.

  - bish