[mythtv] cvs--Commercial editor crash and nuppeldecoder.cpp

Mark Chou mcpcs at ivwnet.com
Tue May 27 11:52:53 EDT 2003

I'm Using CVS from 5/22.  What exactly is the significance of the 10MB
magic number in commented line "//arbitrary 10MB  limit" (line 737) in
nuppelencoder.cpp?

With the current CVS, whenever I'm in edit mode, editing commercials on
a remotely stored file on LAN (networked mythtv boxes), the editor
invarably crashes and I get a message like "Broken packet: X
2013989896"  This behavior never used to happen on myth 0.8.  FWIW if
the file is local, the editing seems to be OK.  This is a switched
network with only four machines, and there isn't much traffic besides
transfer chunks of the eremote file during editing.

Anybody else see this behavior or has an explanation for this magic number?