[mythtv] conflict resolution vs priorities

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Fri May 30 14:16:56 EDT 2003

Mike Benoit wrote:
> Another "nice to have" feature might be taking disk space in to account.
> If Myth knows it will be recording 10 hours of TV over the next week, 1
> hour of highest priority (1) shows, and 9 hours of lowest priority (10)
> shows, and the box only has 1gb or approx 1hour of recording time
> available, Myth will only record the highest priority show until more
> disk space is freed up, even if that means waiting 5 days until its on.

Hmm.  You know what I was thinking when I read this one?  Recycling
space currently used by a pri-10 programme, because a pri-1 program
needs it in a minute.  That means that the unit wouldn't necessarily
need to allocate any space for the week's tv;  it just snatches what it
needs from the teeming masses of Three's Company that She likes to tape
but never watch.

> Add one to the priority vote.

Bah, Bush will still win regardless.

  - bish