[mythtv] i18n & new modules

ramon.roca at xcombo.com ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Sat May 31 18:03:33 EDT 2003

Ummm, it's amazing, this project is going really fast:

My 2 cents:

-New mytyhvideo is outstanding, I'll wait a few days (to see the codes
stabilized and the implement the i18n). In fact I've been standby niot just
because my lack of time, also because since these parts of the project are
very active so is better to wait a few days insted of bothering with i18n
patches every time that something changes.  Now I think is my turn since
Leandro did mythmusic, is that ok to you Leandro? In the meantime mythmusic
should be likely be updated also... I still have to take a look onto it.

-About renaming old mythvideo to "mythlauncher". I do think that is not a
bad idea... That couls be always a flexible tool for helping those who like
to do a patch & glue work extending mythtv.

-About the IBMD usage of the new mythvideo and its usability for non-english
movies, my opinion is that maybe will be just enough to add a few dialog
boxes to setup manually all the texts. In fact that could be usefull if
someone want to archive there their own home-made videos, etc. Of course, in
the meantime, as a w/a, tools like phpMyAdmin will beusefull for manual
database update. What do the people think on this? By the way, is planned
and dvd ripping capability also? Until now I've been ripping eitrher with
dvd::rip or mencoder, but should be easy to integrate this into new
mythvideo also.

p.d. tip for those who want to play with the dvb stuff: to load dvb-s
channels into the tables, that could be as easy to do using the "load data
infile...." utility from mysql reading a working channels.conf.

Ramon.