[mythtv] Re: jerky live tv with latest cvs(5/28)

Mark Chou mcpcs at ivwnet.com
Sat May 31 11:58:07 EDT 2003

Bruce,

Yeah, I can confirm that rebuffer messages occur on local backend (on
the same machine where the live ringbuffer resides).  I'm not 100% sure
about the following (going on memory here), but I think the rebuffer
msg. occurs as well if the ringbuffer is located remotely.

Thanks,
Mark

Bruce Markey wrote:

So the 5/27 version, which should print a video timing
message, doesn't have the rebuffer problem but 5/28 does.
Got it. The next question is if you can confirm if live TV
is using the backend on the local machine or or a remote
machine when you get the "rebuffer" messages. It should be
local if you're running a local backend.