[mythtv] conflict resolution

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Nov 3 00:53:48 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 11:57:04AM -0600, David Engel wrote:

> I'm going to take a stab at this.  I have a proof of concept patch
> (below) to see that the scheduler can do the right thing.  It uses a
> recordoverride table as suggested previously by Matt.  The two types
> of overrides are record (1) and don't record (2).
>
> What I'd like to know before procedding any further is this.  Is this
> approach going to be acceptable?  And, if so, what should the user
> interface aspects look like.

These look like the right pieces to be changing, yes.  I haven't scrutinized
it for correctness (or even applied it), but you seem to be going in the
direction I had intended.

There seem to be some things missing from your patch (like the database
schema) and a few things that shouldn't be there (like the changes to
settings.pro and the mythbackend/main.cpp changes).

Even though the underlying idea will be pretty powerful, I think the UI
should be kept simple, at least in the beginning.  The straightforward
"suppress this recording" and "unsuppress this recording" options that folks
seem to want should be added to the expected places in the existing UI,
those hacks which remove rows from oldrecorded should be fixed, etc.

--
 - mdz