[mythtv] conflict resolution

Mon Nov 3 04:32:26 EST 2003

David,

Could you have a think about how "fuzzy matching" might fit in with your schema.  I have been toying with an idea to make the timeslot matching code actually match if the program is (say) up to an hour either side of the noted time.  The idea is to handle scheduling changes either from when you ask for the single record slow, or from week to week on a regular record slot.  For example a regular serial can often shift from 9pm to 8:45pm and back to 9:30pm if something happens (big football event, etc)

There are some performance issues I need to test, but basically the sql query needs to be changed to do something like checking that "datediff" of the record table and the programs table differ by less than 1 hour (arbitrary number).  The performance testing is to look at the join order and decide which way the indexed lookup is working and put the date functions on the appropriate side of the equals sign (so we don't deteriorate to table scans if possible).  That probably didn't make much sense...?

Anyway, would be interested to add this in, but useful if you could evaluate how it might work for you (for example it would be better if the "don't record" was also working in a fuzzy way as well)

Ed W