[mythtv] Regular expressions for program matching

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:36:31 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:13:58 -0000, "Edward Wildgoose
Edward.Wildgoose-at-FRMHedge.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<pfnahiui2x0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> I think you should have a really good play around with mythweb.  I have
> been using that to do a good proportion of what you are describing.  Try
> using the quick search at the top of the screen for example, it's good
> for checking that you have all your episodes setup correctly (and it's
> how I noticed I was missing some).
>
> I can't help wondering if this isn't a better direction to go anyway?
> Keep the main myth user interface, powerfull, but not too complicated and
> use mythweb for the real custom stuff (which means you have a higher res
> screen, keyboard, etc)
>
> I know this doesn't suit everyone, but it's worth thinking about because
> neither does a really complicated mythtv interface...

I thought about this too (I use mythweb for everything except actually
watching the programs).  I find it much fatser to search for stuff using
the mythweb interface.  But I don't know that it is a good idea to add
features that can't be supported by the main UI.  It'd be a lot easier
though.  Writing the relevant code for mythweb is trivial in comparison
to doing it for mythfrontend.

.Geoff