[mythtv] conflict resolution

Mon Nov 3 12:52:08 EST 2003

> Provided it does a "closest match", sure.  Let's say I have it set to
> record at 7am.  The actual schedule has a 6:15a, 7:10a, and 7:55a.
> Which would it record?

Well, under the old system you wouldn't get anything because the program wasn't at 7am....

...I'm thinking about a fuzzy +- 1 hour match so in your case you are probably going to get a "random one" (as in depends on the actual algorithm finally decided on).

SQL is not great at ordered operations, it's a set based language, and trying to order by closest match is going to be slow and difficult I think.  I need to have a think about how to make the SQL re-usable so we get the same query everywhere in the code otherwise it's going to get a little hairy working out what is actually going to be recorded...

It seems you are better off whatever happens though?