[mythtv] Caller ID success and expansion

Joshua Bernstein bjosh at engr.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 3 14:06:17 EST 2003

Hello!

I wanted to thank the person for the callerID patch. It works very well
for me! OTOH, getting an internal modem to work in Linux was a PIA, so
I've just been using an external one! Great work here!

Over the next few weeks I'm going to hopefully be able to disect the
code and add support for things like popup messages about new e-mail
from fetchmail, and information for alarms from lmsensors... Any
suggestions on the best way are always welcome!!!

Quick suggestion: It would seem that the popup should as appear in most
of the other windows in Myth. I mean what if I'm not watching tv? maybe
I'm listening to music or somthing? Maybe I'm watching a recording....
Just a thought

Issac, you should consider applying this to the CVS.... It has great
potential...

-Josh