[mythtv] conflict resolution

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Nov 5 22:37:11 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 06:01:43PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> That commercial DVR that puts the list of showings on a separate
> page than the scheduled recordings drives me nuts. Having them

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I always forget to check the "Recording
History" page to see what I might be missing.

> be recorded. Maybe add keys like 1 for all conflicts 2 scheduled
> recordings like the sort choices on the Rankings page.

That's what I was thinking.

> >One thing this patch does not do yet is gracefully handle the case
> >where a program is covered by multiple scheduledrecordings.  For
>
> Thanks, it should probably prune the recurring item if there is
> a single item for the same showing.

My feeling is that the most specific recording type should win.

> I did have to fix a couple little things. The table CREATE failed
> due to a misplaced comma

Thanks.  I should have tested this better.  My DB already had the
table and mythbacked didn't spit out any error message so I dint'
notice.  performActualUpdate should probably print an error on DB
errors.

> and nrLowerRanking had a negative value.

That's a hold over from when I originally planned to fold conflicting
and recording into norecord as recordstatus.  The negative numbers
were to be don't records.  I backed it out because it required
changing more code than I wanted to for this first version.

> Attached is a diff against the patchfile.

To anyone else who wants to test this, pleas apply this patch too.
Thanks again.

David
--
David Engel