[mythtv] Preview of a new theme

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Sat Nov 8 07:55:09 EST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 07.26, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> MF> Nice improvements :) Other than the two arrows not matching, the only
> MF> other thing I can request is that the menu fonts be a little bit
> bigger.
>
> Browse  the dir https://dragon.dyndns.tv/mythtv/ and have a look at
> preview3 and preview3b.. I think I'll go with preview3b instead, other
> arrows.

I noticed that the strings for all translated text which contains a space has
been truncated (e.g. "Musikspelarens" should be "Musikspelarens
inställningar"). Did you do this on purpose or did Myth do this because the
strings are too long for the theme ?

I know the strings are a bit long, but it's hard some times to stick to
correct Swedish when forced to use short strings. The strings fit in all
other themes and the closest comparision would be the Visor theme. The Visor
fonts are no problem to read on my TV. Maybe just a little too small.

A couple of ways around this problem are:

* Decrease the font size. Some people seem to think that the font should be
even larger, so this might not be a good solution.

* Fewer lines in the menu. Six rows would make long texts fit just below the
images, I think.

* Move the menu down and the image up. This might look a bit strange if
they're moved too far apart.

* All of the above

By the way, good work. Your theme looks really nice so far :-)  And for the
voting, I vote for preview3.

/ Tobias