[mythtv] conflict resolution

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Nov 8 12:09:54 EST 2003

> This is exactly as I expect from my reading of the source code.
> Please note that I said "from ... the source code" and not what you, I
> or anyone else might think recorddups means.

If recorddups is not set, the source code will not mark an item as
duplicate provided it is not still in the recorded table, so it
should show up to record.  I have a patch that I wrote last week that
I should get submitted today that will make recorddups a 3-way setting
as I described in a few previous emails.

I agree with what Bruce is seeing.  With recorddups on, you should
see all episodes of a show marked as non-duplicate as long as you
don't have that episode sitting around in your recorded table still.

> Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but this is not what I see
> in the code.  FWIW, besides removing duplicates in upcoming showings,
> the unpatched code will also not record any upcoming showings if the
> episode is still in the recorded table.

This is what will be corrected when I commit my patch today.  There
will be 3 options, "Never record dups", "Always record dups", and "Only
record dup if episode is not still in recorded table."

> Now, since my running of the unpatched code matches what I expect to
> see from reading it, that is what I tried to reproduce with my
> override code.  From my tests, I believe I have faithfully done that.

I think you're reading the code wrong if what you're seeing as described
in the table you drew is what you expect from reading the code (and
assuming the show you're talking about has an exact match on title,
subtitle, and description).

> And I don't understand why you are seeing it want to record all of
> them.  Since I'm seeing what I expect from the code (not the intended

If recorddups is set, then the duplicate field will be set to false
and the scheduler will say that it will record all episodes.  Of course
after the first one is recorded and before it is deleted, then none
will be marked to record since the recorddups code checks the recorded
table.  This is what my new code will handle, allowing recording even
if the same title/subtitle/description is still in recorded so people
who record golf, basketball, etc. can record all episodes.  If you're
not seeing the all episodes marked to record with current CVS,
then you either have an entry in the recorded table or the shows
don't match exactly in title, subtitle, and description.

--

Chris