[mythtv] [filtering] Cross lines cause unalignment [DeInterlace/Linearblend]

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Sun Nov 9 07:26:52 EST 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 22:50, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> This is a fact that a filter has to be developed for, but I don't really
> have the knowledge to implement it (although keen to learn, if anyone
> cares).
>
> With the postprocess filter, artifacts has been minimised, but this
> artifact still remindes, since the postprocess filter is a per frame
> filter.
>
> Kenneth

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I'm working on a port of
neuron2's KernelDeint filter for AviSynth.  It's supposed to be quite good.
I was working on a reimplementation based on the description of the
algorithm, but I've just found that neuron2's site has the source, and it's
GPL.  I have no idea how I missed it before.  I'm going to have to start
over, but it's probably worth it, because this has been through several
releases and fine-tuning.  For info, check out:

http://neuron2.net/kerneldeint/kerneldeint.html
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc