[mythtv] Possible bug when using override with postroll

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Nov 11 18:54:34 EST 2003

David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:22:09PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>David Engel wrote:
>>
>>>The problem is the *roll changes "roll" the offsets into the
>>>ProgramInfo start/end times but the override table needs to match on
>>>original start/end times because the *roll offsets could change.
>>
>>Ya, I saw the funkiness in the recordoverride table and started
>>to try to describe but you guys know where to look =).
>

> I believe this is now fixed in CVS.  Please try it.

Well I was going to report the problem with QUERY_RECORDINGS
but you fixed that before I could finish a distclean make
before reporting the bug =).

This does appear to fix the problems with marking overrides
but breaks some things with *roll.

I tested setting pre and post roll times on three shows. I
let the first one record. I marked the second don't record.
The override did take effect and it did not record. The
third one I marked don't record then changed to do record.
It did record also. The override table always showed the
original times and kept track of things nicely.

However, the *roll recordings didn't go as expected. The
program info for the recording shows the original times rather
than the effective times. The filename are also based on
the orig times.

The recordings did start at the preroll times but did not
end at the negative postroll times I set for testing. Instead,
they ended at the orig endtime. I added postroll time to another
show and it too ended at the orig endtime :-(.

During the preroll time, the playbox showed the early recording
in progress in white. After the orig starttime they were
highlighted in yellow.

Conflict resolution didn't do the right thing when the
*roll times were set to not overlap...

I could go on with details but I think what it might boil
down to is that maybe both sets of timestamps need to be
available and used in the appropriate places. The orig times
to check against the program and override table, and the
effective times to be used for conflict resolution and the
real record start and end times.

I liked the way *roll worked yesterday and I like the way
overrides are tracked today. Can either of you see a way to use
the effective times for recording the way they were yesterday?

--  bjm