[mythtv] Mythbackend/kernel oops help

Lee Marlow lmarlow at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 20:36:23 EST 2003

I have not been able to use MythTV to watch live tv as mythbackend crashes
within 30 minutes of use.  The output from ksymoops (attached) made me think
it was a filesystem issue, so I switched from ReiserFS to ext3 and the same
thing happened.  I ran Maxtor's testing program against the hard drive and
it passed all tests.  I've tried to run mythbackend in gdb to get a trace,
but once the problem happens there is no backtrace information available.

I'm running cvs versions of mythtv and ivtv on an Asus Pundit
Distro: Gentoo
Kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r7
CPU: 1.7 Ghz Celeron
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: Maxtor 120GB
Tuner: PVR-250

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?  Hardware problem?  Kernel
problem?  Linux distro problem?  Myth problem?  IVTV problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Lee