[mythtv] New theme "sleek"

Joel Feenstra joelf at altelco.net
Fri Nov 14 20:04:21 EST 2003

I agree, that's one thing I was thinking about changing a little bit.
Currently the text color sceme for selected and unselected needs more
contrast. I just forgot about it. This release was mainly about the
getting the overall layout setup to something I can deal with.

One of the ideas I had for the main menu was changing the outline of the
selected button, but I haven't come up with a idea that really like yet.
As for the contrast between active and inactive text, I think I'll just
darken the gray some more. Unless there's a better color out there. What
I really wanted to do was make an new overlay appear on top of the
inactive area's, but currently only the program finder supports
something like that.

One other comment on the theming code in myth. Is it possible to add
some of the text formating stuff that's in the osd code? For instance I
would like to combine some of the things in to one textarea. Something
like this:

[%CHANNELNUM%] - %CHANNELNAME%%SPACE(200)%%RECORDINGTYPE%

With the ability to add codes like %TAB% and %BR%. Or something like
that. It would also be nice to group tags, so that if one of them is
zero length (ie. doesn't exist) then the whole group is omitted.

%TITLE% %(- %SUBTITLE%)%

In that example the - %SUBTITLE% would be omitted from the final string
if the subtitle doesn't exist.

All that would just be cool, it's really a nice theming system. Great
work everyone who worked on it.

By the way, for other theme makers there is a kind of whitepaper on it
out there at http://untzuntz.com/mythtv/ui
It came in handy a little bit.

Joel Feenstra