[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Nov 19 18:22:07 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:22:23PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Sure about that?  I think that the fillRecordInfos() may need to set
> ignoreevents to true while it's calling RemoteGetAllPendingRecordings() for
> it to be safe.

Fairly sure.  FillRecordInfos is called by the ctor, but I think
that's a don't care.  All of the other call tress upltimately come
from either keyPressEvent or customEvent, both of which are protected
by ignoreevents.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the possibility of a very,
subtle, race condition in the setting and clearing of ignoreevents.
If there is a race condition, it's present in numerous other places
which use the same technique.  All of those places should probably
eventtually be changed to use trylock/unlock.

> I'm undecided on the keybinding change, too =)

Well, speak up!  Oh, you just did. :)  Whatever you decide on, the
EditRecording/Scheduled bindings should be consistent with the
ViewScheduled, IMHO.

David
--
David Engel