[mythtv] Patch - program rankings -> recording priorities

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 20 01:48:09 EST 2003

The tgz file at the following URL changes the terminology 'rank programs'
to 'set recording priority'.  (attaching it to this put me over the 40k
limit)

  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~kvandivo/mythtv/patches/rank2recpriority.tgz

It is, of course, against current cvs which, might i add, is a rapidly
moving target right now with some of the text contained within the
patch.

There are 6 "new" files.  They are listed at the top of the patch file,
along with their destination location.  1 is a renamed png file for the
themes directory, and 5 are from the frontend code, renamed from 'rank*'.

So the 5 *rank* files in mythfrontend need to be cvs rm'd as well as the
rank png file in the themes directory.

For the most part, everything is just a name change.  In one of the
renamed cpp files (i forget which) i fixed a segfault that i ran into.
There was a case of
  if (i)
  {
      i->blah
  }
  i->blah2

I _think_ the patch should apply cleanly.  There were a few files that
had some of my recommendations code in them where I had to tweak the
patch text, but I'm pretty sure that it is correct (line numbers and all)

in the themes, for places where the text was changed, I deleted the
alternate languages.  The only place that I didn't was where the old
text said:  1) sort by title 2) sort by rank.  On those, i left the
translations because there was only one word (out of the 6 or so) that
had changed.

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics