[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Nov 20 10:06:03 EST 2003

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:08:42PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > This shouldn't happen because the oldrecorded entry isn't put in until
> > the recording completes successfully.  That's how the backend recorded
>
> But that's not the case if kRecordDupsIfDeleted is used, in which
> case, it will look for entries in recorded instead of oldrecorded.

Have to think about how to prevent/check this.

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:30:53PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > show. Perhaps an episode started late shouldn't be written
> > to oldrecorded when it finishes.
>
> Yeah, I think that's probably the right thing to do in most cases.
> What if the user stops or deletes an in-progress recording?
>
> David

For this problem, how about something like this:

if (( startts != recstartts ) && ( preroll == 0 ) && ( globalpreroll == 0 ))
{
	skip inserting oldrecorded
	// this just put in to make sample code easier, could just put ! in
	// if statement above.
}
else
{
	insert oldrecorded entry
}

The only times startts != recstartts is because preroll was set (either
single or global), or because a recording started late.  So the above
code would check that startts != recstartts and prerolls were not set and
if so it would not insert oldrecorded.  This would allow a recording to
be rerecorded in full if the recording was short the first time because
of a late start.

Or maybe we just check length of programs in addition to the current
title/subtitle/description to determine uniqueness.
--

Chris