[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Nov 21 17:37:06 EST 2003

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:37:26AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > > Don't you need to add locking in Scheduler::getConflicting and
> > > Scheduler::RunScheduler too?  Also, I think mythbackend/main needs
> > > to be changed to use RemoteGetAllPendingRecordings now.
> >
> > Yes, I thought I had one in Scheduler::getConflicting, I'll look at that
> > and get it fixed.  getConflicing gets called from inside the scheduler also,
> > after the lock has been grabbed already in some of the other *Conflict*()
> > functions so that's a special case.
>
> Ah, yes.  You'll need to keep the existing getConflicting for internal
> use and add a wrapper with locking for external use.
>
> David

Actually I just made the recordingList mutex recursive so the scheduler
thread can lock/unlock it multiple times (once in Scheduler::FillRecordLists
and then a 2nd time in Scheduler::getConflicting) while mainserver can still
call Scheduler::getConflicting by itself and secure a lock properly.

Made the mod earlier today but couldn't test remotely.  I'm testing now
so it should be in CVS shortly.

--

Chris