[mythtv] mythtv with dvb is unusable!

Kenneth Aafl°y ke-aa at frisurf.no
Tue Nov 25 12:38:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 18:18, Denis Grilli wrote:
> Sorry, i have been little clear....I reply to mail on encrypted channel but my
> problem isn't it.....(i haven't encrypted channel in DB)
> Like saying before, dvb support (thank's Kenneth) work great but this problem
> in frontend cause the low usability....
> This freeze not only happens for encrypted channels but  also in many other
> cases (ex. no or bad signal, bad parameter and other)....
>  By satellite bad signal is often a problem (ex. bad meteo condition) and
> often any channel change your parameters but the truly great problem for
> italian user ( i think Enrico report to it)  is that major television
> broadcast (mediaset and rai), that usaly transmit in clear,often encrypt your
> signal for  transmissions which haven't rights for the foreign country.
> We don't remove this channel from DB (rai is state television....)

Ok, so it's a mixed FTA (Free to air) and encrypted channel, that
certainly would be a problem. The thing here is that I have no such
channels in my setup, and so it's not a problem for me. I just don't
want to spend time on the problem, when it really isn't a problem for me
at all.

> Probably, for the reasons it explains over, this is, for Italian users, a
> great problem..
>
> however thanks for the clarifications

Looks like you (and others) have to break out an editor, and start
patching the code, Sorry.

Kenneth