[mythtv] color/hue/etc not adjusting?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Nov 26 13:20:10 EST 2003

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 03:22:09PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
>

>>using cvs from a day or two ago..  when I hit the f-keys to adjust
>>color/hue/etc it displays -1% and doesn't seem to do anything.  When I
>>check the database values, they do seem to be going up/down (or down,
>>anyway - sometimes to zero with very few keystrokes).
>>
>>Any ideas?  Did these keys change again when I wasn't looking?
>

> I have noticed that sometimes the card can get into a weird state where one
> of these parameters has an invalid value.  This causes all further changes
> to fail (since they are set as a group) until something resets everything to
> sane values.  Running xawtv fixes it, and v4lctl at least can show you what
> is going on; I don't remember whether it was powerful enough to fix the
> problem also.

"list" will show the values and "setattr" can change them but
since I've never seen this I don't know if this would actually
fix the problem.

: bjm at nordtv ; v4lctl -c /dev/video1 setattr 'color' 32768
: bjm at nordtv ; v4lctl -c /dev/video1 list
attribute  | type   | current | default | comment
-----------+--------+---------+---------+-------------------------------------
norm       | choice | NTSC    | PAL     | PAL NTSC SECAM PAL-Nc PAL-M PAL-N NTSC-JP PAL-60
input      | choice | Televis | Televis | Television Composite1 S-Video Composite3
audio mode | choice | mono    | mono    | mono stereo lang1 lang2
bright     | int    |   37155 |   32768 | range is 0 => 65535
contrast   | int    |   24500 |   32768 | range is 0 => 65535
color      | int    |   32768 |   32768 | range is 0 => 65535
hue        | int    |   32768 |   32768 | range is 0 => 65535
mute       | bool   | off     | off     |
chroma agc | bool   | on      | off     |
combfilter | bool   | off     | off     |
automute   | bool   | on      | off     |
luma decim | bool   | off     | off     |
agc crush  | bool   | on      | off     |

--  bjm