[mythtv] Dual Tuner, Dual Cable, Live-TV problem

Steve Winslow winslows at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 23:40:03 EST 2003

I have a dual tuner (PVR-250) setup with dual cable feeds: 'A' and 'B'
Cables, with different content on each cable.  'A' Cable to Tuner 1, and
'B' cable to Tuner 2.  I'm running Myth-0.12 compiled from source.

I can schedule recordings on both tuners, even simultaneous recordings
with no problems.

However, while watching live TV and selecting channels from the EPG,
channel selections are always applied to Tuner 1 even if the channel
selected from the EPG was for Tuner 2.

Is this a known bug? (or feature...;)

The problem also affects viewing/swapping channels in Picture-in-Picure
mode.

Another potential problem I've seen is that Setup on the backend only
allows one channel plan to be selected, regardless of how many tuners
you may have.  This could be a problem if different tuners recieve input
from different sources with different channel plans.  In my situation,
both my cable feeds are using 'us-cable-hrc', but I can envision
configurations where someone might want 'us-cable' on one tuner and
'us-bcast' on another.

Steve

--
Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape.